Last updated: 09/15/2019
Hard wallets have become a common thing in the crypto world. This popularity is because of how secure they are. Without much talk, let’s talk about hard wallets and look at one of the best hard wallets you can make use of.
What Are Hard Wallets – an Overview?
Hard wallets are bitcoin wallets that allow users to securely and interactively store their private keys and funds. Also, financial transactions can be carried out on hard wallets.
With open-source software, hard wallets were designed to be immune to computer viruses.
Why Do You Need A Hard Wallet?
Since cryptocurrencies have begun to take over it is necessary to have a wallet to keep your cryptocoins and one of the best hard wallets to use is the hard wallets. Here are some of the reasons why:
- With a strong security design, hard wallets are impossible to hack
- Hard wallets are immune to a computer virus
- Hard wallets are protected using a pin
- Multiple cryptocurrencies are supported by hard wallets
- All transactions to be carried out on your account will require verification through your hard wallet so as to protect from use of your account without your permission
What is Trezor Model T Hard Wallet – Review & Comparison?
Trezor Model T is another hard wallet made by Satoshi Labs after the Trezor One. This wallet retained most of the features of the Trezor One hard wallet with some new features like the lack of buttons on the device and the inclusion of color touchscreen.
The firmware of the Trezor T was written to optimize security so it can safely be used on virus-infected computers. The Trezor T hard wallet was designed to support numerous cryptocoins.
Trezors vs Ledger Nanos
Price for 1 minute
Ledger Nano S
Ledger Nano X
Trezor Model T
Cryptocurrencies Supported By Trezor Model T
The Trezor One and the Trezor T support relatively the same cryptocoins except with the inclusion and exclusion of some. The following are the type of cryptocoins supported by Trezor Model T:
- Bitcoin cash
- Ethereum classic
- Bitcoin gold
- And about 680 other coins and tokens (See the full list here)
How to Setup Trezor Model T
Step 1: Connect the Trezor T to your computer via the USB cable and follow the instructions displayed on the screen of the device
Step 2: Go to trezor.io/start on your web browser; preferably the updated chrome or Mozilla browser.
Step 3: Select the Trezor T as your device on the web interface and install the Trezor bridge
Step 4: The Trezor wallet will recognize your device; you will then be prompted to install the latest firmware.
Step 5: Create a new wallet on the web interface and confirm the action on the device’s screen.
Step 6: You should see a message prompting you to back up your account. Click on “create a backup”
Step 7: Set up your pin, chose a four-digit pin by clicking on the web interface the dot that resides at the same location as the number you intend to select is on your device.
You are going to have to confirm your pin by inputting it the second time
Step 8: Your device should display a recovery seed with a unique 12 words combination, you are advised to write it down and store it on your cloud.
Step 9: Go to wallet.TREZOR.io on your web browser and insert your device pin to access your account.
Trezor Model T Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Trezor Model T cost?
The Trezor T wallet costs about 165USD
Can Trezor T be hacked?
Trezor T is said to be un-hackable
Is Trezor T 100% Secure?
Trezor is a very secure hard wallet in the sense that it is immune to computer viruses and it not easily hacked into.
How to reset Trezor T
- If you can’t seem to access or remember your PIN code, you can wipe your Trezor T device.
- All you need to do is go to https://beta-wallet.trezor.io/#/.
- On your web browser, swipe your finger on your device whilst simultaneously connecting it to the computer.
- This action should load the Bootloader, then click on “connect to host” on the device. Click on “Reset device” on the web interface and confirm the action on the Trezor T device.
- Then your device has been reset successfully
The Trezor T was developed as an improvement on the Trezor one model with the inclusion of a touchscreen. This Trezor T wallet is easily one of the best hard wallets in 2019.